The bathroom is sometimes a place of solace for the homeowner. It is one place in the home that you can use all to yourself. Once you close the door, you are in your own private place. But if the bathroom has clutter on every available nook and corner, it will defeat the purpose of solace. Clutter is never a good thing and it adds stress to whoever sees the mess that is in the bathroom or any other room in your home.
It has been studied that the amount of things people place in their bathrooms is not proportionate to the area. Unless your bathroom is so spacious then you will totally agree with me. A medicine cabinet and a vanity area is a permanent fixture for any bathroom. Clutter on this area needs to be removed and then items organized.
You can start to make your bathroom clutter-free by following some simple steps:
1. Do not do everything at one time else you will be placing more clutter on spaces. Identify major clutter spots like under the sink and the medicine cabinet. Take out every item in those areas and sort. Throw those items that have expired or not usable.
2. You should decide which fixture or storage container is still needed. Make sure to work on every section of the bathroom, sort and dispose.
3. Organize similar items together in labeled stackable clear plastic containers. This allows a systematic storage of what you need and having clear plastic containers make you find things easily. You can also place similar items in decorative baskets if you do not like the stackable plastic solution.
4. If your sink has a cabinet then the possibility that there is clutter on that area. If you have no cabinet then there should be a better way to store cleaning materials other than placing them under the sink. You can have a plastic container available in stores for cleaning materials. This can then be placed neatly under the sink.
5. After doing everything above and you still have some extra things, increase your storage capacity. Vertical wall space for shelves, hooks and towel bars can be installed. Install shelves close to where you will be using the items that are stored on them. For example, extra soap and shampoo can be placed inside the medicine cabinet for easy access. Extra towels can be stored on the shelves.
Do not overcrowd your bathroom else it will again have that cluttered look. Make it a practice to keep makeup or shaving equipment in its proper place after using. Clutter in the bathroom counter is an eye sore.
If you are sharing the bathroom with other family members, remind them that they need to clean up and store what they use in order to maintain the neatness of the bathroom.
There are inexpensive storage solutions available in many colors and styles which can be installed quickly in your bathroom. They prevent clutter on the counter as well as give your bathroom a new look.
Martin Johnson is an organization expert. For more great tips on bathroom clutter, visit http://www.clutterbustercenter.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Martin_C_Johnson