For those of you who enjoy makeup, when was the last time you cleaned out your stash?
Do you have colors that don’t look good on you or products that only have a drop or two left in the bottle?
Time to declutter your makeup collection!
First, know when to throw things out. Here’s a simple guideline about the shelf life of most cosmetics:
- Mascara – keep no longer than 90 days; throw out sooner if it starts to dry out
- Eyeliner – keep up to 2 years; clean & sharpen the tip before every application
- Eye Shadow – liquid can last up to 12 months; powder shadows can last up to 2 years
- Lipsticks & Lip Pencils – up to 2 years
- Blushes & Powders – cream blushes can last up to 1 year; powders can last up to 2 years
Take note: if you suffer from an eye infection, throw out all your eye products immediately. You just never know if the infectious bacteria was transferred to your brushes or cosmetics.
And if your dresser or countertop is overflowing with cosmetics, try some of these organizers from The Container Store.